• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 CM throat erosion and rebarrel

Bore scope arrived and I took a peak. I don't really know what to look for. But it appears like there really is very little erosion. And what erosion is there, is only partial. Unless I'm not understanding what I'm looking at.

Reactions: crispy
UPDATE:

New barrel is chambered and on. Just measured new chamber in the same way I did before and a brand new chamber cut with a CONFIRMED reamer that is SAAMI spec. Jump with factory Hornady 6.5 CM, 140gr ELDM = 0.03969" average. This is in line with the estimated jump on the previous barrel. So yes... about 12-thou of erosion on the last barrel over the course of ~3.5k rounds.

Rifle smith is sending me back the chamber on the previous barrel and I'll have a local shop cross section it.

You can post it again but still not a SAAMI reamer but as I said in the other thread glad you are happy with it.