• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creed AR-10, Diamond DB10 (DB1060M061) or Aero build?

IdahoRenegade

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013
Del Rio, TN
I'm thinking about a 6.5 Creedmore AR-10 to play with for longer ranges (just for something different than a bolt gun). I've been looking into the Diamondback DB10 (DB1060M061). Lots of nice features and components, and my local Buds has them for $1277. https://diamondbackfirearms.com/portfolio/db1060m061/ https://www.budsgunshop.com/product...+carbine+stock+black+magpul+moe-k2+grip+15+m-

The alternative I'm looking at would be an Aero Precision build. Would take more work since they don't quite sell the uppers and lowers in the same "configurations", but not a big deal to build one. But then, I have the responsibility to make it all work, as opposed to having a manufacturer to fall back on. Looks like it will cost considerably more to put the Aero components together for a long range build than buying the Diamondback.

So, looking for advice. One advantage (perhaps) is that the Aero can be had with a 24" barreled upper-would you advise for the 6.5? From an appearance standpoint alone, I prefer the DB10, both for the Armalite-style receiver interface rather than DPMS (not better just different) and the unique lower receiver. Looks a little like a poor man's Seekins. Any thoughts? I've read and watched some petty positive reviews on both.

Last edited:
I've built three guns on Matrix Aerospace - Diamondback upper-lower sets and like them a lot.

I prefer Armalite bolt carrier groups and have used Midwest Industries and Samson rails. I put away a Superior Weapon Systems rail somewhere before my last move and will probably build another once I find it.

The last 20-incher I built for my son using a Satern barrel I got from Mike Miller:

DSC02054.JPG

Reactions: IdahoRenegade
I've built three guns on Matrix Aerospace - Diamondback upper-lower sets and like them a lot.

I prefer Armalite bolt carrier groups and have used Midwest Industries and Samson rails. I put away a Superior Weapon Systems rail somewhere before my last move and will probably build another once I find it.

The last 20-incher I built for my son using a Satern barrel I got from Mike Miller:

View attachment 8321897
Very nice! One thing I like about doing a true build (as opposed to a purchased upper) is that I'd have more control of what quality barrel is used. But I've read good things about both the Aero and upper end Diamonback barrels as well. One silly question-is there a standard receiver vice and barrel nut (wrench) setup for the AR-10s? I have the tools and fixtures for a -15, not sure just what different ones I'd need for a -10.