• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 creed for my 12 year old son

Gunnie88

One shot at a time!
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2021
East TN
Last year I did a ton of research on rifle manufacturers for the Creedmoor round. I settled on a TC Compass for the first CF rifle for my 12 year old son. He’s been an avid shooter with a collection of .22lr & Magnum rifles and has a gift of shooting accurately in many situations. We picked up the rifle on a Wednesday after school let out, we found a stock design to copy (McMillan A5) that he liked and built a stock (bedding included) to fit the Compass. I knew we’d be stretching his and the rifles legs out to 1760 yards so I ordered a Primary Arms 4-16x scope mounted on PA low rings after I measured it’s modified LOP and cheek rise. Primed and painted the stock and scope and headed to the range the following Sunday. We zero’d it at 100yards at first and he quickly worked out to 800 yards on steel. We then sighted it at 200 and worked out to 1200 yards at a local farm with “holdovers”. He’s loving this rifle and honestly, so am I. I’ll shoot my Bergara or Tikka along side him and he’s now earned his “mile milk judge” challenge. Super happy Dad here and now we’re on to the next rifle. Happy shooting everyone.
69843206-4765-4A62-9E2D-81612CF36167.jpeg

Last edited:
That is some awesome work Gunny. What wood did you make the stock out of?

I picked up a TC Venture in .223/5.56 to play with until the current crisis becomes only a situation and I would love a better stock than the junk it came with, plus a better option for a mag.

That is some awesome work Gunny. What wood did you make the stock out of?

I picked up a TC Venture in .223/5.56 to play with until the current crisis becomes only a situation and I would love a better stock than the junk it came with, plus a better option for a mag.
Thanks KipM. I used poplar to keep it lightweight and made it a single shot with no mag. This spring, I’ll inlet the mag well so he can use the 3 shot mag it came with.

Reactions: KipM