• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creedmoor 130 RDF ?

colodrew

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2014
Mead, Co
So my go to load has been the 130 Berger hybrids with H4350 and GM210M in Hornady brass. Pretty much 1/2 moa out of my 26” AIAW.
I was lured into trying the new Nosler 130 RDF because of its awesome BC. So after many rounds of testing and fine tuning the best group I’ve mustered is .875 and averaging around 1.5”. Velocity is awesome with a respectable SD of 9 and ES of 20ish. I did testing from touching all,the way out to .090” off the lands. Ended up that it liked .010 jump the best. I am at my wits end with this. Anyone have better luck with this bullet?

I shoot a 6.5 Super LR but i hear you it turns out that this little bullet is finicky as all get out, I started out with H4350 and after 60 rounds I gave up on 4350 and changed to Varget. I am loading .010 off the lands and 40.3 gr of Varget and they shoot in the .3's. I dont know why the Varget works better but you might give it try.

I shoot a 6.5 Super LR but i hear you it turns out that this little bullet is finicky as all get out, I started out with H4350 and after 60 rounds I gave up on 4350 and changed to Varget. I am loading .010 off the lands and 40.3 gr of Varget and they shoot in the .3's. I dont know why the Varget works better but you might give it try.
Thanks for the information. What velocity are you seeing with the 130’s in the Super LR? I’m afraid I will give up a bunch of velocity going with Varget.

So my go to load has been the 130 Berger hybrids with H4350 and GM210M in Hornady brass. Pretty much 1/2 moa out of my 26” AIAW.
I was lured into trying the new Nosler 130 RDF because of its awesome BC. So after many rounds of testing and fine tuning the best group I’ve mustered is .875 and averaging around 1.5”. Velocity is awesome with a respectable SD of 9 and ES of 20ish. I did testing from touching all,the way out to .090” off the lands. Ended up that it liked .010 jump the best. I am at my wits end with this. Anyone have better luck with this bullet?

I've run about 250 of them thur 3 different rifle/barrels, they have been extremely finicky about jump&charge. Last weekend I managed a couple 1/2moa groups in a OCW test with h4350 43-44.4. My proof barrel is just getting started but around 2825-2835 was a nice flat spot, loaded .080 off the lands

I will be testing COAL tomorrow Am, went with 43.9gr @ .080-090-100-110-120 off, we'll see how it goes.

I've also heard FrankG will be testing these nosings shortly, excited to see what he finds.

I've run about 250 of them thur 3 different rifle/barrels, they have been extremely finicky about jump&charge. Last weekend I managed a couple 1/2moa groups in a OCW test with h4350 43-44.4. My proof barrel is just getting started but around 2825-2835 was a nice flat spot, loaded .080 off the lands

I will be testing COAL tomorrow Am, went with 43.9gr @ .080-090-100-110-120 off, we'll see how it goes.

I've also heard FrankG will be testing these nosings shortly, excited to see what he finds.
I am curious about the results. My 130 Bergers are just so easy to load for I’m not sure it’s worth the work.

I am curious about the results. My 130 Bergers are just so easy to load for I’m not sure it’s worth the work.

I getcha, my AI & Rpr love the 140/147s.. OCW looks the same thru&thru..lol, I think 308gunner might be right about h4350 w/these but cant explain why. F it I'll load some up with RL26 and rl16 tonight for kicks. I'll let ya know

what speed were u getting?

Last edited:
I getcha, my AI & Rpr love the 140/147s.. OCW looks the same thru&thru..lol, I think 308gunner might be right about h4350 w/these but cant explain why. F it I'll load some up with RL26 and rl16 tonight for kicks. I'll let ya know

what speed were u getting?
So my load is 130 RDF, Hornady Brass, GM210M, 45.8 grains H4350, .010 jump, coal 2.940 in 26” Bartlein AIAW
3010 FPS
SD 10.6
ES 26
I ran up as far as 46.5 and saw an ejector mark but nothing pressure wise at 46.3.

My 130 Berger AR Hybrid is 44.3 Grains H4350, .020 jump, 2.830 coal
2960fps
SD 9.7
ES 24
1/2 moa all day

Damn 45.8, I thought I was pushing it.. 2.940 I wonder how much bearing surface the case neck has a hold of at that point, my coal was 2.940LDs in the AI but when I loaded 10 off I would get crazy fliers (like 2.5" wtf off). More I backed off the LDs less it deviated but still out of 3 different barrels these seems wicked picky. Not sure If I would trust them yet throughout the match season in my rifles, we'll see how tomorrow goes, If something seems to work I'll bring them to me private range up north to test the claimed BC.

Nosler brass
.289 bushing
br-2
H-4350 (A&D verified)
24" bartlein AI MK3 (43.6)
24" proof research Rpr (43.9)
26" LongRifle Inc Rpr (44)

I have not gotten to check speed yet I am going to load a 100 this weekend and hopefully the rain will hold off so that I can chrono them, I am guessing somewhere around 2950. If they are running that fast I will be happy

Damn 45.8, I thought I was pushing it.. 2.940 I wonder how much bearing surface the case neck has a hold of at that point, my coal was 2.940LDs in the AI but when I loaded 10 off I would get crazy fliers (like 2.5" wtf off). More I backed off the LDs less it deviated but still out of 3 different barrels these seems wicked picky. Not sure If I would trust them yet throughout the match season in my rifles, we'll see how tomorrow goes, If something seems to work I'll bring them to me private range up north to test the claimed BC.

Nosler brass
.289 bushing
br-2
H-4350 (A&D verified)
24" bartlein AI MK3 (43.6)
24" proof research Rpr (43.9)
26" LongRifle Inc Rpr (44)
So my best measurement is .090” bearing in the case. I know, I know it should be diameter of bullet but that’s what the bullet wanted.

Reactions: Redeye3
No great news today, very inconsistent with 1 flier per group (2 in 1hole then WTF). They seemed more stable at around .100 jump but still had occasional WTF (1.5").

They 140elds on the other hand sub 1/2 throughout 1.5gr OCW test, I dont see a reason to keep going with these unless there is something wrong with the proj's. Jake V was talking about how the had problems in the beginning with 105rdfs but the factory fixed what they thought was the problem. who knows, I hope other people will have better luck,

No great news today, very inconsistent with 1 flier per group (2 in 1hole then WTF). They seemed more stable at around .100 jump but still had occasional WTF (1.5").

They 140elds on the other hand sub 1/2 throughout 1.5gr OCW test, I dont see a reason to keep going with these unless there is something wrong with the proj's. Jake V was talking about how the had problems in the beginning with 105rdfs but the factory fixed what they thought was the problem. who knows, I hope other people will have better luck,
Thanks for the feedback, I had to go shoot something else today to make sure I didn’t forget how to shoot. Lol

Reactions: Redeye3
lol, I had better groups with my cz455MPA then the 130s @ 100 today but the AI MK3 is boss extremely pleased with Stuteville P's work. What aggravates me is that 2 will be in the same F-in hole then "there she goes" wtf. I crisscrossed between rifles today so at least I know I was doing my part as best I could.

Reactions: colodrew
I finally got to check velocity on my Super LR I ended up loading 40.8 gr of Varget and got 2922 with an Es 5 and SD of 3 for 10 rounds. I did not see pressure but I could not see loading anything else. This is with Peterson SRP 260 brass and BR4

I'm running these through a 22" gas gun and they are shooting very well.
Loaded at mag length, 43.1grs RE26, getting 2820fps with an SD of 5.5. Definitely a consistent .5 load, even out to some very decent ranges.

I'm not an extremely proficient loader but I've shot about 60rds with the 130rdf. Powders used are: h4350, RL-16, RL-17. I was able to get 3k+ FPS like I wanted but like several folks, I'd have 2-3 in the same hole then a couple flyers in almost every group. I really wanted this bullet to work out, but I'll just keep looking. If someone would like to buy a handful just to try, I'll sell you some.

I’ll be testing these this week. Loading them at 2.860 with LRM primers and 4064. What’s the worst that could happen, a few flyers? ?

What do u guys think about the 140 rdf’s? Why r the burger bullets so difficult to get? My buddy said that they aren’t making now because they got bought by lapua and r moving factory’s.... Is there any truth to this?