• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creedmoor Accubond LR loads

Hondo1

Sergeant USMC
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 2, 2014
    Colorado
    Looking for some good starting points for the 129 accubond LR in 6.5 Creedmoor.
    I have H4350 and RL16 to play with, I’m looking for a good killing load for hunting mule deer and elk.

Was just having this discussion with a buddy. I have almost 500 of them ready for a work up. It was initially going to be a Grendel load and I sold the Grendel. New Creed barrel is in are ready to season. I'll use some 140 Hornady to play with at first.

Reactions: Hondo1
    Watching this as well, am starting with 1x fired 6.5 Creedmoor Lapua brass from a Berger factory load, GM210Ms, H4350, and the 129 grain ABLRs. Will keep you posted if I get around to load development before anyone else replies.

Sorry for the long delay on this - my initial data on the combination I mentioned earler is below -
    129ABLRinitialdata.png
    I should mention that I only have polymer AICS magazines and as such, am limited to a COAL of 2.86 (CBTO 2.1400) which has me jumping 0.063 to the lands. The group size is probably right at the ragged edge of what I'm capable of holding, but figured I would include to show that only a few behaved real unruly. From my understanding of small sample size issues, I'll probably do a batch of 50 at 42.1 Grains and see if the numbers stay put over a larger sample, but from what I see so far, totally acceptable results with this combination.

Hope this helps.