• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creedmoor and Reloader 15

The Lawn Ranger

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2009
Northern Kentucky
So I have a some of RE15 I purchased for my 6.5x47 lapua and was wondering if this could
possibly work for the 123/130 weight bullets in my incoming 6.5 Creedmoor gas gun?

I understand that H4350 is the go to powder for this cartridge and some people have mentioned
RE17 works as well.

Any thoughts on this?

The 120 AMAX factory Creedmoor load was changed from H4350 to Varget a while back. RL15, being a similar burn rate, should work with that grain bullet as well. If you shoot the heavier bullets though I would use H4350.

Id say with a lighter bullet yes RE15 would work fine. I fireformed a piece of 250 brass for my 6 creed and it didnt blow up, haha

I'm in the same boat and I just threw 40.0 gr of RL15 under a 130 VLD to see what I would get. Out of four rounds I had one pierced primer one primer blown out and two that were cratered pretty bad. This is in a MEGA MA10 that I just re-chambered from 6.5x47. I guess I will reduce the charge and see what happens. I hope this rifle starts working with me instead of against me. Its starting to feel like a scorpion crossed with a hemorrhoid.

I do not mean to drag up an old thread, but I was wondering what kind of results you have been seeing using RL15 and lighter bullets. In my case, I'm using 123gr A-MAX. Rifle is also a MEGA MA10. I am looking for a VERY safe starting point to work up a load in this gas gun. TIA!