• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 creedmoor barrel

syme71

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2005
New Jersey, Exit 10 on Turnpike
Putting a 6.5 creedmoor build and barrel lead times are nuts. I have a choice between a Krieger M24 1:8.5 twist -OR- a Rock Creek Rem Varmint 1:8 twist. All reading I've been doing leads me to get a 1:8 barrel since I plan to shoot factory Hornady 140 A Max. Any downside with a 1:8.5 twist shooting this load?

Very interested in this question myself as I am currently buying parts for a 6.5 creed build.

Brunos and Bugholes have plenty of 6.5 barrels in stock in a variety of contours. There are a couple of us that all have 6.5 cm, in either 8 or 8.5 twist. They all shoot. Mine is an 8.5 Krieger MTU - I reload and I'm shooting 130 bergers most of the time. I've also shot 140 amax & 140 bergers, both shot fine

I had BUGHOLE to build six or eight diff rifles in 6.5 CM for our group of shooters and he used Brux barrels, All shot excellent. He also built one with Mullerworks that shot really well. Think he used 8.5 twist. Good man to deal with and he is excited about his work.