• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creedmoor brake recommendations

Bigzams

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2010
San Marcos Texas
What are you guys running on your 6.5CM builds. Did you buy one and then just the smith open it up or did you buy a over sized one and timed it and ran with that.
-Z

I've got a Defensive Edge 3 port brake on mine. I was skeptical at first since the rifle will be used for hunting as well as target and varmint shooting. But I'm glad I took the smiths advice and had him install one. I am very impressed with how well it works; allowing me to spot my bullet impact or splash at longer distances. I would definitely consider it for another build.

So what are the performance effects of running a .264-ish brake on a 6.5 vs. just using a .308 brake? Does the larger diameter diminish the benefits of the brake?

I ran the same Sako brake for my 338 TRG and my 260 TRG and it still made a nice reduction in recoil.

I just bought a 6.5 with a Little Bastard brake that should be here any day. If its anything like the Little Jimmy brake that APA installed on my 7mm, then I'd imagine my 80lb 10 yr old daughter should be able to shoot it all day long.

I can easily see impacts at 500 yards on my 6.5CM without a brake. Medium-heavy contour barrel in a XLR chassis.

Brake will work ONLY if it is properly installed. Big names failed, even installing their own brakes. Honestly, you do not need a brake for 6.5 CM, if your rifle is over 15 pounds.

I run a JEC brake on my 65CM and its great. I just timed it with provided shim washers.
Not only is it a great brake, but Jason is also a great supporter of the precision rifle community!

I run a Badger FTE when not running suppressed.

Attachments

• photo-5.jpg
    photo-5.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 16