• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 creedmoor build advice

Porter24

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2011
Ohio
What is the best way to start a 6.5 creedmoor build? And realistic finished product price. More than likely will get a pro varmint stock around $99 unless I could find a used B&C or HSP. All ready have optics.

I would say this might turn out to be a budget build, or am I better off buying a savage lrp? When considering the creedmoor I looked at reloading cost. The bullets are decently cheap and they don't use a ton of powder. I Own a .308 all ready just looking for a new toy to shoot paper and steel. Any advice and experience is appreciated.

What's your budget? I'm currently looking for a semi budget 6.5CM as well. From what I've read, the Savage LRP is very good for it's price point. Everyone says it shoots MOA or sub MOA. some say .5 MOA if they do their part.

I'm personally leaning towards semi custom. Tikka 260/308 action, Bartlein barrel and haven't decided on the chassis. Will be around 1500 when all said and done.

Have you thought about turning your 308 into a switch barrel rifle to keep costs down? then you only need to get a barrel chambered on your existing rifle. You will also need a barrel vise, action wrench and recoil lug indexing tool. Then just screw on the barrel, depending on what you want to shoot.

PS. not that you asked, but my vote goes for the 6.5x47Lapua, amazingly accurate with the best brass you can get.

Last edited: