• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creedmoor dies

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
I'll be in need of some dies soon for the Creedmoor. Any suggestions, or is the ones Creedmoor Sports the only ones available?

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor dies

I use the standard Hornady dies with the addition of the micrometer knob on the seater die and found them to work great. The FL sizer gives a nice .002" of neck tension.

When you say standard, did you get the regular, or match grade dies?

I have the regular dies as I got them last year before the matchgrade dies were out. Just added the micrometer to the seater as i like to have a little more control when setting seating depth.

Another option is to use Redding Competition seater and neck sizer dies. Just have your gunsmith make you new sleeves for them with the same reamer used to chamber your rifle. Then fired cases fit them perfectly. Only takes a minute to swap them out to use multiple calibers in the same set of dies.

I would buy the Hornadeeeees, there tailor made to the brass.

As kombayotch said gunsmiths (Charley Robertson @ Score High Gunsmithing 505-292-5532 or 1800-326-5632 can make a set of Redding comp dies very easily.. Give us a call.