• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 6.5 Creedmoor finally complete!

ANGLICOMarine

Retired Marine
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
The rifle:
My first decent attempt at the range with the 6.5 Creedmoor.
Specs:
Surgeon action
1-8 Lilja barrel
McCree stock
Nightforce 5.5-22x56
Badger rings
smithing done by Alan Warner
shooting 140 Amax

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor finally complete!

I bet it's a shooter. Sounds like a top notch rig from the components you named. Good luck with it.

Looks nice. How long is the barrel and what twist?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks nice. How long is the barrel and what twist? </div></div>

It's a 26" 8 twist barrel...I actually had this build from a conversation you and I had at the 2009 TPRC in Arizona. I was originally going to build a 6.5 Lapua but lost so much brass that I decided to get this built instead.

Good call on length and twist.

That is true about lost brass and alot of people don't think about it. Only had about 60 of the 180 or so I shot last weekend. That's alot of loss. I gave those 60 to an RO who had a Creedmoor and a good thing as my suitcase was 49.5lbs on the way home LOL