• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creedmoor - IMR 4451 - 18”

DosMeadowlandos

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2009
Connecticut
I blew up my VM that I run my copy of QuickLoad in and haven’t had the time to build a new one.

I want to figure out what percentage of burn I’d be getting with 130/140/142 grain bullets and 4451 in 6.5 Creedmoor?

Am I going to be dumping powder into my suppressor?

What about StaBall?

Thanks in advance to anyone that would lend a hand. I don’t need load data, just burn percentages.

Curious about this topic as well, as I am back to the drawing board on 6.5 load.
Have a 20" barrel and using 4451. Rifle instructor said I was blowing burning powder out my muzzle break, that I wasn't getting optimal velocity as a result, and that I should look into a faster burning powder instead. Would faster burn be better?

Any insights here appreciated.

I almost cried when I heard they weren't making it anymore 4451 my favorate load is 42gr for me we had a max 2737 min 2719 an average of 2729 an es of 9.3 while I know I had some better numbers at slower speeds I was happy with the 42 gr so I kept using it with a 140gr hornady , berger or barns, bullets we never did try it with the 145gr barns so sad also siera bullets ( in 142gr )
win 6.5 I enjoyed shooting it but was a bit put out how slow it was till I hit 43.6gr I settled on a 42.9gr with all my bullets the slast firing of them I did It gave me a max 2703 min 28.81 an average of 2695 and an sd of 8.6 while a bit over my goal powder use It does shoot nice enough best of luck to you finding the powder load you like the best and please do your own work up just incase .

• Sad
Reactions: Old Corps 8541
I blew up my VM that I run my copy of QuickLoad in and haven’t had the time to build a new one.

I want to figure out what percentage of burn I’d be getting with 130/140/142 grain bullets and 4451 in 6.5 Creedmoor?

Am I going to be dumping powder into my suppressor?

What about StaBall?

Thanks in advance to anyone that would lend a hand. I don’t need load data, just burn percentages.
Barrel Length would help!