• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 creedmoor lapua brass

blister

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Has anyone who has used this with a neck bushing die found that it requires a different size than hornady brass?
If so what size are you using on the lapua? And will I need to do load development all over again? thanks in advance

Has anyone who has used this with a neck bushing die found that it requires a different size than hornady brass?
If so what size are you using on the lapua? And will I need to do load development all over again? thanks in advance

This thread contains useful information on the new brass.
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/forum/s...-6-5-creedmoor

I have load 100 so far, fired 75 in three different 6.5 Creedmoors. Loaded neck size is .291 which is about .001 larger than my Hornady cases (my Hornady cases seem to fluctuate between .2895-.2905) If you want .002" neck tension go with a .289 bushing.

I ran a full OCW this week and found that I was no longer centered in my node and when I checked velocity shooting the same load in both Lapua and Hornady brass, Lapua was about 25fps faster on advarge for the same powder charge. Today I reconfirmed those finding in a different rifle. What I have determined is dropping the powder charge down 1-2 tenths of a grain puts me right back where I want to be.

As a side note. I'm using CCI benchrest primers in my Lapua brass in a stiller action with a standard firing pin, a Ruger precision rifle (not bushed) and a JP barrel and high pressure bolt AR and have had no issues with primer piercing. Also, in the stiller action I increased my normal powder charge weight (H4350 @ 42.5) by a full grain (43.5) and still found no problems.