• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 6.5 Creedmoor (moly)???

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor (moly)???

Why? Do you feel they need moly? Not being a dick, just asking.

Also being such a new round maybe they just want to get the round out to the general shooters before going into more loadings.

I just know they offer moly on a lot of their bullets, wondered if they were planning on it on the CM.

As to the need of moly, well, we all know what can of worms that is... As for me, I don't know what the 6.5 CM needs, my new CM is en route to me as we speak, so I haven't even shot it yet. I just run moly (HBN now) in my .243, and on my wife's .243 AMAX load. Was just going to follow suit on this one.

You'll find HbN does everything better than Moly, with none of Moly's negatives.

JRose I'll see what I can find out but I don't see the need in the Creedmoor. I also used Moly in my .243 and now BN but with the Creedmoor running at lower pressures and moderate speeds I don't really have found a need for it. Even when I bumped it up a bit handloading naked bullets run great.

Thanks Rob.

I thought about sending some bullets of and having them HBN coated, but then I loose the convenience of picking up boxes of factory loaded ammo when I want...