• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creedmoor? Should I get it??

uncledog57

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2011
Morro Bay, Ca
I have run in to a chance to get a Savage 12 LR Precision in 6.5 Creedmoor. It will be just slightly used.
What do you guys think? Is there plenty of after market products available? Reloading components ect?
Thanks in advance!!

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor? Should I get it??

Fabulous, versatile round, and component availability is becoming competitive with .260. Get it if you like it otherwise.

Recently had my AIAE rebarreled in 6.5 Creed. Absolutely love the round.

I have both calibers, get the Creedmoor. Ammo is available for nonreloaders too.

I have a 6.5x55 swede and really like the low recoil. Also have a .308. I've been looking at the 6.5 Creedmoor as well. I like what I've seen in other reviews. 6.5 bullets are plenty and the brass isn't too hard to find either. I say go for it.

My rifle is on its second 6.5 Creedmoor barrel and the cartridge has treated me really well. I agree with Hugh.. 6.5 Creedmoor, .260 or 6.5x47mm will all treat you well. For me 6.5 Creedmoor was the stand out.

No, you shouldn't.... I can't find 6.5 CM brass routinely, leave it alone and let the rest of us continue scavenging for it!

Yes, it's a great caliber. Of the 3; I'd take the 260 last based on the case shape and it's a toss up to me for the 6.5x47 or 6.5 CM; the 6.5x47 has better factory brass but a few gr. less powder capacity and a touch less MV.

You can account for that 1 way or another with barrel length adjustments.

I've had the 260 and it is a very good caliber as well; plus side is that many people make brass or easily formable brass for it.

All the powders and bullets are the same for these 3 so that's a non-issue.

My 6.5 CM outshoots me handily.

You will love the 6.5mm bullet selection and the way the gun handles for you w/o recoil. Great powder selection as well. Get it!