• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creedmoor threaded in 1/2 x 28 conundrum or maybe not ?

Dawg66

TBAC Yardbird
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2024
Oklahoma
I have a Tbac Ultra 7, 30 cal. Threaded in 5/8 x 24. In ATF jail currently, it was purchase for the 300 RUM I have and now the 6.5 cr. I wish to use also, what is the most viable avenue to mount it to the 6.5 cr ? Would a adapter 1/2 x 28 to a 5/8 x 24 quality adapter work or this?

Reactions: 338dude
Yes that's correct sauer classic 100 the Germans did it. 1/2 x 28.

Last edited:
Yes that's correct sauer classic 100 the Germans did it. 1/2 x 28.
Personally, I would have it cut and threaded to 5/8x24 if you have the material to allow it. Stacking tolerances is never a good idea.

If that’s not an option you could run a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 but if you smack the end cap you won’t be very happy.

A quick internet search found this:

*im NOT A gunsmith and im definitely not YOUR gunsmith. These are bad ideas from a stranger on the internet. Proceed at your own risk.

I have a Tbac Ultra 7, 30 cal. Threaded in 5/8 x 24. In ATF jail currently, it was purchase for the 300 RUM I have and now the 6.5 cr. I wish to use also, what is the most viable avenue to mount it to the 6.5 cr ? Would a adapter 1/2 x 28 to a 5/8 x 24 quality adapter work or this?
So, first you screw this Area 419 universal adapter onto your 6.5 CM. Its available in 1/2 x 28. (note, if going in this direction, then also buy a uni adapter in 5/8 x 24...the purpose of this adapter is to allow muzzle devices to be swapped from gun to gun without modification)

Then you get one of these Suppressor mounts from Area 419. NOTE: I believe you want the 5/8 x 24 direct thread version but call them to confirm. They also make a TBAC CB/Ultra version but I believe that this is indeed for TBAC suppressors set up for a CB mount from Thunder Beast.

Now you can swap your suppressor between rifles no muss, no fuss.

Cheers

1/2is fine for 6.5. Had a Tikka shortened and had to go 1/2 to get more shoulder.

You can get a different hub mount to go direct thread or use various mounts.

Run the a419 hellfire adapter, along with the TBAC A419 adapter hub as stated above. I use it on my supressors!