• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creedmoor using 140 gr Berger Hybrid target and IMR 4350

John420fitter

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2018
Hey guys!
Wondering if anyone out there may be able to give me a good staring point for my Sako TRG 6.5 Creedmoor using Berger 140gr Hybrid Target , Hornady brass,
IMR 4350, and Fed 210M primers.
Currently I run Hornady 140 ELD Match , Hornady brass , 40.7gr of H4350 , and Fed 210M primers. Seated against the lands.
I only have a limited quantity of H4350 and 140 ELD’s left. God only knows when I’ll be able to find more. I look daily as I’m sure most of you’s do too.
I do however have an 8lb’r of IMR 4350 and have ordered the Berger’s.
Any advice on a starting charge and (max) charge for that powder / bullet combo would be appreciated.
Thank ya’s,
Jon

Berger has data online for their 140gr Elite Hunter, which should be comparable to the 140gr Hybrid Target.

Also, you can always call Berger and ask for specific load data for your bullet and powder. I've called them for Varget, H4895, H4350 for the 6.5 Creedmoor 135gr Classic Hunter. Those powders aren't listed on their online data sheet (and that bullet isn't even in their book), but they gave me start/max load, approx. start/max velocities, and approx. fill ratio over the phone.

It should only take you a few minutes, as their phone service is great and quick. I agree with @OREGUN and would avoid getting load data from a forum, if possible.

1606596187570.png

Berger has data online for their 140gr Elite Hunter, which should be comparable to the 140gr Hybrid Target.

Also, you can always call Berger and ask for specific load data for your bullet and powder. I've called them for Varget, H4895, H4350 for the 6.5 Creedmoor 135gr Classic Hunter. Those powders aren't listed on their online data sheet (and that bullet isn't even in their book), but they gave me start/max load, approx. start/max velocities, and approx. fill ratio over the phone.

It should only take you a few minutes, as their phone service is great and quick. I agree with @OREGUN and would avoid getting load data from a forum, if possible.

View attachment 7485195
Thanks for the info!
I saw that data on their site about the Elite Hunter and was wondering if it was close enough to get started.
I will definitely give them a call given you’ve had good experience with them. Thanks again

Reactions: Rathmatik
Sorry, I read my post again and realized I sounded a bit more of a dick than I meant to.

Personally, I think it is safe to generalize among bullets that weigh the same. So if you can find a powder manufacturer recommending a certain powder for 140 grain bullet of any brand, that powder recommendation safely generalizes to your bullet brand assuming you start at the low end and work up in order to provide some margin for barrel, brass, seating depth...how much bullet tail is in the case...etc. variances. So, the Hodgdon website has a load with IMR 4350 and a 140 grain bullet. I, personally would feel okay about using that information to start my work up. Now, if you are seating a lot shorter or longer than book value or are jammed in the lands or are using a different primer size, you are on your own, to some extent. Long story short, don’t blow your face off.
Very good advice