• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 creedmoor wilson trim die?

ntexaslongshot

Minuteman
Jul 20, 2007
Lubbock, TX
hello all,

i've been lurking for a while reading the forum, and i have a question for those shooting the 6.5 cm.

has anyone found a wilson trimmer die that will accept a fired case for use in a wilson trimmer? it looks like the 22-250 ackley might work, but wanted some feedback from others who are doing it.

i've recently rebarreled a savage with a kreiger 8tw, 28" barrel. been very impressed with it, only downside at this point is the headache of finding brass.

thanks!

aaron

Re: 6.5 creedmoor wilson trim die?

I use the 22-250 ackley and it works fine for both the new and the fired cases. the fired cases don't have the sholder sticking out of the die but plenty of the neck does, and you can trim them fine.

Scott

Re: 6.5 creedmoor wilson trim die?

thanks scott.

ive been looking for the ackley die online today, they seem to be sold out. i called l.e. wilson to see if i could order it from them and they said they have started making a trim die for the 6.5 creedmoor, it will be available next week from wilson or sinclair.

aaron