• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 creedmoor

mitchellchandler_au

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2008
Hi all,
I am new to the creedmoor. I have been developing a load with the 136L scenar and H4350. With 42gr I am getting an average velocity of 2777fps from a 24" barrel. It seems a bit slow for the powder charge. Am I over thinking this or do I have a slow barrel or batch of powder.

The 136gr will be very similar in speed to 140’s, which have a benchmark speed of roughly 2650-2700 fps. I think you’re doing fine, but you can check the 6.5CM reloading sticky thread, search within the thread if you can figure out how for “Scenar h4350”

The 136gr will be very similar in speed to 140’s, which have a benchmark speed of roughly 2650-2700 fps. I think you’re doing fine, but you can check the 6.5CM reloading sticky thread, search within the thread if you can figure out how for “Scenar h4350”

Thanks mate