• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 creedmor?

These guys are giving you a hard time the correct spelling is Creedmoor. Both of the rifles you mentioned will be fine. If you let us know your budget and your plans for the
Rifle we can help you decide.

My bad I've seen it spelled a lot but still spelled it wrong and I don't own one or claim to be good at spelling. I was wanting one of the 2 I mentioned. But not as much mentioned on the ruger model because it's newer. I was also thinking about the 6.5-300 but that'd probably just for the hell of it. I am for sure getting a creedmoor.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
Anyone have experienced with the ruger hawkeye long range target model and the bergara b14 hmr?
Yep, I've got a Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor. I think it shoots great. I've been able to get 1/2" groups at 200. Only been able to take it to 300, but I consistently get .5 MOA groups (That was with factory ammo, I haven't had time to work up a load for it yet. It was 147gn ELD Match from Hornady.)
Bolt runs very smooth, stock feels nice and I was able to get it adjusted to me really well. For the price, I think it's a tough gun to beat.
Let me know if you have any specific questions about it. I really like it.

My bad I've seen it spelled a lot but still spelled it wrong and I don't own one or claim to be good at spelling.
All is forgiven. It could've been worse, among the most egregious offenses are when someone attaches a picture of case headstamps, an ammo box or a barrel with the correct spelling stamped on it then proceeds to butcher the name of the cartridge they use.

Last edited:
My bad I've seen it spelled a lot but still spelled it wrong and I don't own one or claim to be good at spelling. I was wanting one of the 2 I mentioned. But not as much mentioned on the ruger model because it's newer. I was also thinking about the 6.5-300 but that'd probably just for the hell of it. I am for sure getting a creedmoor.
Either are a great gun. The 6.5 Creedmoor is an excellent choice.
Roll with the punches and have a sense of humor. This is how we sort out Fudds.

Reactions: SlimySquirrel
If you're asking us to try to provide guidance on one or the other of the rifles, then it would help if you could provide a budget and tell us what you're going to use the gun for (target practice at short range, PRS, long range hunting, short range hunting, etc.)

My guess is if you're in East Texas then it won't be super long range anything. The pineywoods are beautiful, but don't often lend themselves to super long shots.

I’d go Bergara over Ruger Hawkeye in a heartbeat. They shoot well, and take/fit in R700 accessories so can grow better as your needs/wants do.

I have a Bergara B-14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor and it is a great shooter, was so right out of the box. The trigger was really good for a factory rifle but I replaced it with a TriggerTech Remington 700 Special trigger and depending on what type of match ammo I use I get anywhere from 0.3 to 0.7 MOA shot groups at 100 yards. The best $900 I ever spent! I love that rifle! Got a 20 MOA rail and a Zeiss Conquest V4 6-24x50 mounted on it and have shot it anywhere from 100 yards to 1,200 yards and it has never disappointed me. The Bergara 5rnd. polymer AICS magazine produced for them by Magpul feeds reliably and it will accept the actual Magpul AICS 5 rnd. and 10 rnd. mags without problems. Customer service for Bergara is great, and they will rebarrel it for $500 including labor, cerakoted barrel, test shot verification and shipping and handling if you shoot it enough to require a rebarrel; which is a steal compared to other manufacturers or most gunsmiths. The Remington 700 footprint allows for plenty of aftermarket parts, and the bolt is one of the smoothest in a factory rifle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender