• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creedmore Failure to Eject

JsnSanko

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2011
New build. I know, large frame guns are harder than small frame guns. But I have about 30,000 LR Primers and am down to about 1000 ST Primers.

map decided to put a couple large framed guns together to play with.

the problem child is a 6.5 Creedmore. Stats are Aero Precison Receivers. Faxon Match Series Light profile barrel. JP Silent Captured Spring with the heaviest spring Red/Yellow and H2 buffer. No name BCH disassembled, deburred, and dry lubricated. Rifle length gas system with a Adjustable Aero Precision .750 gas block.

Gun will eject manually. I started gas block closed. Opened one click at a time. Gun started to cycle and even lock back on open bolt. One click to the next was the surprised. Went from not cycling to cycling and locking back on open bolt. BUT it doesn’t extract the brass. Kept opening up and still same thing.

Suggestions? Lighter spring on the JP SCS? Another Tungsten Weight to go H3?

I think I have a low quality gas block and maybe a bleed off system would work better. But not sure.

I would highly recommend a Superlative adjustable gas block. Tried others when I couldn't get Superlative and had similar issues. Replaced with Superlative and it solved the issues. Now I only use Superlative.

Also, what is the buffer tube length, Rifle or Carbine? If Rifle, did you install the JP spacer in the tube?

I would highly recommend a Superlative adjustable gas block. Tried others when I couldn't get Superlative and had similar issues. Replaced with Superlative and it solved the issues. Now I only use Superlative.

Also, what is the buffer tube length, Rifle or Carbine? If Rifle, did you install the JP spacer in the tube?
Carbine tube with the JP SCS, been searching the old web. I have the buffer retaining spring and pin in. That wouldn’t make a difference with the JP SCS would it? It hasn’t on my small frame builds from .223-458 Socom. Have not had near this problem with small frame guns.

You didn’t mention what your using for a bolt or bolt carrier group. If your using an Aero M5 bcg I would be willing to be that is your problem. Seen it over and over again. Reliability in an ar10 comes from the bolt in my opinion/experience. (Assuming gas, spring, and buffer weight are somewhat reasonable). The aero bolt carriers are fine but the bolts themselves are junk. Try a different bolt, make sure headspace is good before firing.

I also didn't notice how well lubed the firearm is. If a new Large Frame is run lightly lubed.. they tend to be sluggish. And that makes them hard to tune via the Adj. GB.

How many rounds fired through it at this point ?.... Large Frame AR's also tend to need a decent break-in period.

From the various threads I have read with Faxon 308 / 6.5CM barrels... they seem to have tight chambers. So I'd make sure the chamber is thoroughly cleaned of any packing / shipping oils.

Any noticable scuffing / odd marks on the fired brass cases ? ... Pics ?

Look at the headstamps.
Hopefully they don't say 6.5 Creedmoor on them.

New build. I know, large frame guns are harder than small frame guns. But I have about 30,000 LR Primers and am down to about 1000 ST Primers.

map decided to put a couple large framed guns together to play with.

the problem child is a 6.5 Creedmore. Stats are Aero Precison Receivers. Faxon Match Series Light profile barrel. JP Silent Captured Spring with the heaviest spring Red/Yellow and H2 buffer. No name BCH disassembled, deburred, and dry lubricated. Rifle length gas system with a Adjustable Aero Precision .750 gas block.

Gun will eject manually. I started gas block closed. Opened one click at a time. Gun started to cycle and even lock back on open bolt. One click to the next was the surprised. Went from not cycling to cycling and locking back on open bolt. BUT it doesn’t extract the brass. Kept opening up and still same thing.

Suggestions? Lighter spring on the JP SCS? Another Tungsten Weight to go H3?

I think I have a low quality gas block and maybe a bleed off system would work better. But not sure.
I didn't read any of the other post other than your OP. Sounds like you need to check your extractor, extractor springs and o-ring. And lube that bitch up!

There's nothing wrong with your gas block choice or buffer system, none of those are are going to cause a failure to extract/eject unless you have the gas shut off and it sounds like you've figured out how to set the GB up.

Start properly lubricating your BCG, I recommend Slip2000 or Mpro-07.

Adjust your gas block to so it locks back on the last round, then back the screw out another 1/8 turn.

Check the extractor and the extractor springs and o-rings. Next check the ejectors to make sure you haven't broken any ejector springs. Put a couple drops of oil on the ejector plunger and then use a small punch to work the ejector up and down, if you hear any crunching or feel inconsistent spring pressure disassemble the bolt completely and inspect your springs.

Last edited: