• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Gap/Saum ADG brass

larryh128

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 31, 2019
Michigan Thumb Area
I just picked up some ADG brass in 6.5 Saum. Normally I neck turn everything to .013 but as I checked neck thickness with a mic it is the most consistent stuff I've ever seen outside of Lapua. I certainly didn't mic every case but the ones I did were a max of .0002 from being totally the same. I realistically don't think I can neck turn a hell of a lot closer than that. It measures .015 for neck thickness. I'm going to try it out and see how that tension works. Anyone have any thoughts on that neck thickness?

I have 150 pieces of ADG SAUM brass and I have never worried about neck turning on anything but my ES and SD have been fantastic. I agree with you that ADG is up there with Lapua in terms of quality and glad I went that route over Hornady or other options. I think ADG, Lapua, and Alpha are easily the best of the best in the brass world. The next tier is Peterson, Nosler, Norma, and a few others, but that could be up for debate.

.015 neck thickness is fine as long as your chamber has adequate clearance. If you don't have the reamer specs. you will have to measure a fired case neck and compare it to a loaded one. I like .004-.005 clearance. I have one chamber that will not allow me to use that thick of brass without causing pressure issues.

I use adg saum in a 296 neck chamber. I did turn to clean up any high sides on the brass. Loaded is 2915. My best friend runs non turned adg in his saum cut with same reamer, no issues.

Reactions: trailrider121