• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Grendel Before & After Cerakote

LRRPF52

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2012
SLC, Utah
Just did this one last week:

Alexander Arms 20" GDMR
Satern Cut-rifled, Fluted Barrel 1/8.75 twist
AA Gas Block
AA G10 Carbon Fiber Handguard
NiB Bolt Carrier
AA Hard Use Bolt

AA Trigger
Enidine Buffer
Tubbs Flat Wire Recoil Spring
Magpul ACS

LaRue Mount
Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x44 Tactical SF SFP
JP J-Point

Gun is a shooter, usually under 1/2 MOA. It blew up 4" boomers at 400yds with ease this weekend at BoomerShoot up in Northern Idaho. Rings the flag on an IPSC steel flag target at 700yds effortlessly as well.

Nice! Who did the Cerakote camo job?

Thanks. I did. I've been doing it on my own blasters for a few years, and occasionally will do one for a friend. The last one I did was a digital desert MARPAT/Finnish M05 hybrid pattern for a Marine, who turned around and sold it shortly thereafter, which must have been simply for the reason that he really needed the cash, and was headed out for deployment. It kinda hurt because I spent 10 days on it, and I gave him a ridiculous deal on the job (basically free), only to hear that it was sold. I would have kept it and paid him for the blaster, since it was a Templar Grendel with FAST Rail and Bartlein CNC cut-rifled barrel with a progressive twist, and I installed a JP single-stage trigger in it as well.

Thanks for the compliments gents. I really like the Cerakote finish overall, since you get a nice matte texture that seems to be the industry standard for durability. I'm looking for ways to somehow get a Rustoleum stone coat mixed with Cerakote materials, but not sure how to approach it yet.

Do you need an FFL to do this work? I have heard it both ways
I do not think you need a FFL to do the work, I think you need a FFL to have your customers ship you their guns via UPS.

Need an FFL if the gun is staying overnight or the customer isn't waiting on it to be finished

Thats what I thought. So if your painting a gun or making a holster you need an FFL to be legal, if your accepting someones gun