• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Grendel build in final stages

fmsniper

1st Sergeant
Minuteman
pictures to follow tonight after the military Ball

I picked up a Alexander Arms bolt and 18 inch fluted stainless barrel, DPMS Gas Block Single Picatinny Rail, Geissele Super Semi Automatic Trigger, High rise Billet Beaver Creek upper, Lower is Stag Arms, getting it all together this weekend.
so far I have trued the receiver and put M4 cuts into the receiver.Turned down the YHM free float tube on a lathe to fit the mid length barrel gas system.

Still need to make a 9/16-24 TPI muzzle brake on the lathe

updates
123y-1.jpg

3 shot group factory ammo

I made a heavy buffer from Bronze for longer lock time
P1370222.jpg

here is the rifle
P1370223.jpg

P1370224.jpg

P1370225.jpg

FYI I used 6.8 SPC Magazines and it worked flawless

Re: 6.5 Grendel build in final stages

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fmsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">then don't read it </div></div>

nice response, but Gavin S. did have a good point

Here's a couple 6.5 images.

Here's the 16" I have been working up:

BREVIS-Suppressor-Gun.jpg

I dropped a flash hider on to use as a thread protector.

IMG_9182.jpg

I need to do something with the worked over stock trigger that is in the lower. Let me know how you like your trigger.

Nice build. I'm thinking about putting something like this together, myself. FYI, the ol' this thread is worthless w/out pics comments are always meant in a good natured manner, not attacking. I guess a smiley emoticon would have helped.
grin.gif

DeltaPDesign said:

IMG_9182.jpg

I need to do something with the worked over stock trigger that is in the lower. Let me know how you like your trigger. [/quote/]

What scope mount is that? Not trying to hyjac.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gavin S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice build. I'm thinking about putting something like this together, myself. FYI, the ol' this thread is worthless w/out pics comments are always meant in a good natured manner, not attacking. I guess a smiley emoticon would have helped.
grin.gif
</div></div>

yep! I know no issues, I am a E8, 21 years in the Army. I found my sense of humor just did not know where I left it that day
grin.gif

back from the range
100 yard group average .3 MOA, finally got to a bench
200 yard was about 2 MOA
250 Yard shrunk to 3 shot group .75 inch? not sue why stabilized I guess
1st round hits out to 400 yards on 4 inch steel
not bad so far once I hand load should do better

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotts556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DeltaPDesign said:

IMG_9182.jpg

I need to do something with the worked over stock trigger that is in the lower. Let me know how you like your trigger. [/quote/]

What scope mount is that? Not trying to hyjac.

Scott</div></div>

That is the +20 MOA Nightforce Unimount.

Stabilization at 200 Yards
interesting that my grendel with 123 Grain Hornandy Amax shoots 1.27 @100 yards' group
P1370237.jpg

and .497 @ 200 Yard group
P1370241.jpg

my hand loads of 120 Grain Amax with Benchmark powder shoots
.181 3 shot group@100 yrds
P1370235.jpg

I have read that the G is optimized zeroing at 200 yards rather than 100 because of bullet stabilization.
Your report appears to bear that out.

strangely enough
I was able to shoot .3-.4 with the same 123 grain factory ammo @100yards last week, but a different Box I am guessing some inconsistency in the 2 box loads.

the 120 seems to like the shorter range and 123 likes the longer range, just loaded more 120, trying to get 8-10 shot group tomorrow

I have been reloading for my 264 LBC-AR (AKA 6.5 Grendel) for the past couple of months with amassing results. I am currently using Nosler 120gr ballistic tip (P/N 26120) with 31gr of Accurate 2520 and getting .650” groups at 200 yards. I took a wild pig out at 300 yards with no problems at all using the mill dots in the scope.

65gredal.jpg

• lothar walther stainless 22” Barrel & Bolt combo(264 LBC-Ar)
• Troy claymore muzzle break
• Daniel Defense 12” omega rail
• M-16 bolt carrier
• Spikes lower with 2 stage rock river trigger
• Millett Scope 6-25X56mm with 35mm tube http://www.millettsights.com/scopes/lrs/
• American defense QD scope mount (35mm)
• Magpul UBR stock (H-3 buffer)
• Magpul miad grip
• BAD lever
• Harris bipod with American Defense QD mount

Did you make the brake?? If so let me know how the muzzle brake works for you, I would be very interested in purchasing one for a 5.56....

Range day after many loads I am coming up with
123 Amax-27 grain of Benchmark
4 shots
IMG_0699.jpg

123 Amax- 28 Grain Varget seem to be my best rounds
4 shots
IMG_0700.jpg

and my mauser built 308 with pacnor barrel
4 shots
IMG_0698.jpg

PA310171.jpg