• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Photos 6.5 Grendel Bushnell Elite 4200 (enter post 2 c)

razoredgeknives

Private
Minuteman
didn't have any smaller size pics of my grendel so i had to post one of my ar to be able to post here. pics are below.

thought i'd post this here so you guys could see it. just completed painting this and my new AR build. They both utilize the same lower half since they are AR builds. I painted them with a base of duracoat <desert tan> (before i heard of cerakote) then accented and finished with air dry cerakote <OD green and FDE >. The FDE cerakote was a great match for the magpul FDE btw! just a hair off...

no problems whatsoever painting! actually, the cerakote was easier as i didn't have to worry about hardener or reducer... its amazing what you can do with a $15 air brush from harbor freight!

i shot it yesterday after sighting it in at 25 yards. i backed up to 100, dialed it in a bit more, and checked my best 3 shot group out of 20 rounds. it shot a .5" MOA which i thot was pretty impressive considering it is factory trigger and was shooting factory loads (123gr Hornady A-Max). i have a reloader so will be customizing my ammunition very soon
grin.gif

now i just gotta get some pointers from you guys on building my ghillie
grin.gif

Stats on grendel build:
- 20" Sabre Defense fluted barrel w/ matching 6.5 grendel bolt
- Daniel Defense upper receiver w/ badger ordnance extended charging handle.
- Adams arms piston conversion
- Scope: Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50mm, Illuminated Mil-Dot reticle, FFP

Lower:
- Magpul UBR stock
- Aero precision mil-spec lower (can't beat the price!)
- standard trigger group

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_-0Ot9ci1_5A/TdGr9MReTaI/AAAAAAAAAKI/i_WHf-qyPoA/s640/grendel1.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_-0Ot9ci1_5A/TdGsSaPz-hI/AAAAAAAAAKM/7lCzlg3YPo0/s640/grendel2.jpg

here's a pic of my new AR build on the same lower... now i have 2 guns in one.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_-0Ot9ci1_5A/TcskgYPgAmI/AAAAAAAAAF4/9VwT8VHXOqI/s640/AR1.jpg

Re: 6.5 Grendel Bushnell Elite 4200 (enter post 2 c)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razoredgeknives</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

now i just gotta get some pointers from you guys on building my ghillie
grin.gif

</div></div>
I'll pm you a link to a thread I made for ghillie building.

Sheeeeit,

Looks pretty damn good to me.
smile.gif
The more Grendels I see popping-up, the better.

Good luck,

-Pat

Good job. The Cerakote folks make a Magpul FDE also even though it isn't listed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good job. The Cerakote folks make a Magpul FDE also even though it isn't listed. </div></div>

yeah they do... i think its code is H267, but i had to get the cerakote version since i wanted air dry. they didn't make the magpul fde in air dry
smirk.gif