• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Grendel Cerakote Multicam

I will finally agree on one thing with you and that is that you definitely have great cerakoting skills.... Very nice.... I need to find someone to do a couple rifles like that.

Nice work my man! I did mine in snow camo and it was a SOB to get it all done right. I feel your pain!

That's some amazing work. I cant believe how soft the outline is on it.

Can't put a price on it, and I'm definitely not advertising, as this is a horrible business model for anyone that wants to attempt it. These are basically one-offs.

I made the stencils myself, and you have to bake each color on separately. De-greasing is a pain as it is, let alone the actual coating process. The snakeskin pattern was easier to do, and it was quite difficult in itself.

I want to learn those skills. That is impressive. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for all your compliments and kindness.

Awesome Cerakote job! Mine seems to come off with the slightest scratch or bump :(

If that is happening, then something is missing from your degreasing process, surface texturing, or color to hardener ratio.

I don't handle the parts without latex gloves after de-greasing begins, and de-greasing is a tedious, thorough process. If the parts have been subjected to lubrication, they need to be initial de-greased, then out-gassed, then acetone bathed until bone dry. The Magpul PRS was the most tedious series of parts in this MC coat, because it started out black. I detail disassembled it, including removal of the cheek piece, thumb knobs, attachment points, butt pad, and fasteners because I didn't want any uncoated portions to show after adjustments were made.

I made enough stencils and patterns so that there isn't duplication of the shapes anywhere in the viewer's FOV, which is one of the important characteristics of Multicam. I'm planning on doing my GA Precision .260 Rem AR10 next, if I ever find the time, but I want to replace the JP handguard with an Alexander Arms 15" G10 using a custom barrel nut meant to work with both. The G10 is only available for the AR15 currently, but is one of my favorite handguards for precision guns.

Thanks for all your compliments and kindness.

If that is happening, then something is missing from your degreasing process, surface texturing, or color to hardener ratio.

I don't handle the parts without latex gloves after de-greasing begins, and de-greasing is a tedious, thorough process. If the parts have been subjected to lubrication, they need to be initial de-greased, then out-gassed, then acetone bathed until bone dry. The Magpul PRS was the most tedious series of parts in this MC coat, because it started out black. I detail disassembled it, including removal of the cheek piece, thumb knobs, attachment points, butt pad, and fasteners because I didn't want any uncoated portions to show after adjustments were made.

I made enough stencils and patterns so that there isn't duplication of the shapes anywhere in the viewer's FOV, which is one of the important characteristics of Multicam. I'm planning on doing my GA Precision .260 Rem AR10 next, if I ever find the time, but I want to replace the JP handguard with an Alexander Arms 15" G10 using a custom barrel nut meant to work with both. The G10 is only available for the AR15 currently, but is one of my favorite handguards for precision guns.

The bad part is I paid a company to do it for me as I didn't want to mess up it up.

The bad part is I paid a company to do it for me as I didn't want to mess up it up.

Are they a certified NIC Industries Cerakote source?

I've taken brass screws and drug them across an upper receiver I did just show how durable the finish is when done correctly. The biggest problem areas for me are the Butler Creek flip covers, which are very flexible.