• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Grendel won’t cycle

Chasingpro

Captain
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2020
Texas
Hey y’all,
So I built a 6.5 Grendel from an aero precision receiver set. I have a 20 inch faxxon barrel with rifle length gas port. It’s matched with a faxxon Bcg and superlative arms adjustable gas block. I have tried every single gas block setting and can’t get the rifle to eject. I’m running the springco red and h buffer as well. I did take the Bcg out immediately after shooting and noticed that the gas key was cold to the touch. Did the shop mess up and not align my gas port with the gas block?

Verify.

Take the upper off, flip it, manually move the BCG and observe.

If it seems fine, remove BCG and verify flow through gas tube (stop up barrel extension, blow from muzzle and feel for gas at end of tube).

Maybe they screwed up the GB alignment, maybe the gas tube is upside down in the GB.

Also make sure gas key is good, a cracked key can cause issues (but it's extremely rare).

Last edited:
Reactions: HollywoodActual
Unless it uses a straight gas tube, they had to work to assemble it upside down.