• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 grendel

Realize it’s only 3 shots, but very reflective of similar strings. 123CC and 27.2 AR Comp.

Attachments

• 6AB6F3E4-AAE6-4E66-81F2-E35A21DCA616.jpeg
    6AB6F3E4-AAE6-4E66-81F2-E35A21DCA616.jpeg
    484 KB · Views: 49
Anybody having success with 130 AR hybrids out of an 18" bolt gun?

I may just run those for deer since it's what I got. Ideally, I wanted 120 gold dots but we all know how that goes.

Ended up finding some 120s and 123 AMAX bullets. I think those should work fairly well with the grendel.

And from what I've heard, AMAX bullets were all the rage on deer!

I do not crimp the Grendel or any other AR15 or AR10 cartridge. I do own Lee FCD for several of these cartridges but have always seen better results without using them, regardless whether there is a cannelure or not in the bullet.

The only "sorta" exception is using a crimp die to remove case mouth flare when loading cast bullets. But even then no crimp is applied, just a straightening of the case mouth.

Everything that gets shot in one of my ARs gets a light crimp with a Lee Factory Crimp Die.

If I were getting crap accuracy, I'd reconsider using it, but I've yet to have a rifle that wouldn't shoot MOA or better (except for one BA barrel).