• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 mm X47 pressue question

birddog28

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2008
GA, USA
I am getting some mild ejector swipe on the brass with 37.3 grains of RL 15. Pretty good primer cratering also. I'm only about 700 ft above sea level.

The ejector swipting is not every round but it does seem to polish the back of the brass on each shot. You can't feel any indintation from the ejector.

I had the 123 scenars crammed into the lands and have since backed them off. I tryed the same seating depth with lesser loads and still got the polishing effect. I want to keep the gun running around 2950.

Should backing off the lands a little fix this problem? I don't want to trash Lapua brass from pressue and certainly don't want a barrel burning round in this gun. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. Jim

Re: 6.5 mm X47 pressue question

37.3 grains and on the lands will get you to much pressure. In this case i would back off about 1 grain or atleast get yourself off the lands by .005" or so should clear up your problem. I fire all my brass the first time through with the bullets in the lands and lighter loads just to make sure they all form good.

Re: 6.5 mm X47 pressue question

Ran them through the die. We shall see if getting them off the lands fixes the problem. Thanks.