• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Norma 130gr

Re: 6.5 Norma 130gr

I'd like to try them, but can only find 500 count boxes.

I have done some VERY limited testing with some 130gr Diamond Line bullets that had the moly removed.

I primarily shoot the 130gr Berger VLD from my 260" 260 and get 0.5" @ 100yd accuracy over 5 shots, which is about MY limit as a marksman.

With the Norma I'm 2.875" OAL to the lands in my barrel, vs. 2.950" for the Bergers. With an identical charge of H4350 or RL17, the Normas seem to run 25-50fps slower than the Bergers. Can't really speak for accuracy as I was more concerned about velocity & pressure during my testing.

I did get a 500ct box of Golden Targets for Christmas and have some rounds loaded up with the intent to send them downrange tomorrow.

Bryan Litz found the 130gr Norma to have BCs of 0.575 G1/0.294 G7...and if you buy from Midway with a $10 off coupon they end up being less than $28/100.

Unfortunately, the range I normally shoot at was closed today so I was relegated to a buddy's muddy field, out of the bed of my truck. Not exactly the best of conditions and I wasn't able to set up the chronograph.

Hopefully I'll get another opportunity soon.

I've been using them in my 6.5x47L for about a year and they have shot fine until about two months ago. I have put about 1500 of them down range and accuracy began to fail due to throat erosion. Try to keep them between 2850 and 2900 fps for best results. I have found the BC to be quite a bit higher than published around .290 G7.