• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 PRC action length?

Bangarang

NRA Life Member
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2013
NH
What is the recommended Rem 700 action length to build a 6.5 PRC on?
Thanks, B

Depends. If you are running factory ammo then you’ll be fine with a SA. If you reload and want to run 150grn plus or maximize case fill then a Defiance MA or any LA would be best.

Agree with above. I went with a LA, made it nice for longer seating.

I’ve have/had a 6.5prc in all 3 sizes SA,XM,LA.

I will say setting it up in the long action was aggravating trying to get it to feed properly. Once you have it dialed in it worked like a dream. Berger 156EOL set long was/is my bullet of choice

On the short action it work smoothly with factory loads, but I ran out of room for my reloads.

My defiance XM (nitrated) has been a dream. When I ordered it I bought 2 bolts 308, and magnum bolt face. I run it as a switch barrel with the 6.5 PRC and a 6.5 Remington with plans of spinning up a 7 something. All of those cartridges like the bullets set long (for me anyways). I went with Hawkins bottom metal and MDT mags.

This is just my experience, and I hope this helps you out.