• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro

Eric B.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I have a 6.5 PRC in Browning's X-Bolt Pro and (up to 5 shots) it gets 1/2 MOA with 143 gr. Hornady ELD-X ammo. Pretty good for factory hunting ammo!. **After 5 shots the skinny fluted barrel heats up and groups open up to around 1 MOA, which is still "minute of deer".

Yes, this is a light mountain rifle at 6 lbs. 3 oz. naked. Fluted barrel, bolt and bolt handle and carbon fiber stock.
BTW, the stainless steel barrel is factory lapped. It has a stainless action as well. Not bad for $1,650. This is Browning's top line rifle which they call "semi-custom" due to all the extras I've mentioned.

I put a Bushnell LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 scope on it with an illuminated G3 reticle. I like it a lot.
Then I used Talley rings in burnt bronze Cerakote to match the rifle's color. The rear ring had a bubble level on top. I live in Nevada and may have some long shots on big game and coyotes.

The Bushnell LRTS scope is not an S&B but it is very good for the money. Hard to find a good hunting scope with FFP, mil/mil and illuminated G3 "Xmas tree" reticle. Bushnell has it all.

Reactions: 10ring1
Nice. My father has an old A-Bolt from the 90's in .300 WM and it's his favorite larger caliber rifle. Always enjoyed shooting it, but haven't shot any of the X-Bolts yet.