• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

6.5 PRC Dies

backcast88

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2024
Kannapolis, NC
Picked up a Seekins Havak PH2 in 6.5 PRC this week. Got it cleaned, scope mounted, and sighted in. Its a shooter with factory 147 ELD-M but I like loading my own ammo so I need to get dies for it. I have always used regular FL sizing dies and non micrometer seating dies for my 270 Win, 270 WSM, and 30-06. Looking at doing something a little different with this rifle and could use some input from the group.

Options are:
1. Redding Type S Match FL set with SAC bushing
2. Forster Ultra FL Bushing set (using supplied Forster bushings)
3. Forster Benchrest Ultra FL set and have it honed by Forster
4. RCBS Matchmaster FL set with SAC bushing

These are the dies I can get locally and would prefer to go with one of these options if possible.

I've got expander mandrels already for fine tuning neck tension if needed. I have Lapua brass on order and plan on running that for my hunting and target loads. I also plan on keeping the factory Hornady brass to make some loads to foul up/warm up the barrel. Obviously the bushing dies will accommodate this with ease by running different bushing for different brass thickness. One of my questions with the honed FL die from Forster, the Lapua and Hornady brass will likely have different thickness and I would order it honed for the Lapua brass. Does that make the Hornady brass unusable in the honed die since neck tension will be less? Or should it have enough neck tension for my intended use?

I appreciate any input that is offered.
IMG_6134.jpeg

I know, not on your list, but some Micron dies are pretty good. Out of the 4, would go with Redding.