• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

6.5 prc in a ax308

Savedsoul88

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2018
Alabama and gulf states
Any one try this yet? This is what I’ve come up with so far as being the hold up, the bolt face.
The GAP tempest 6.5saum mags fit and cycle fine, the barrel is no different then any other AX barrel.
MHS said there’s no magnum face bolt for the SA AX. Now if I bought another bolt since I can’t seem to find a AX bolt head separate and hand it opened up to 532 it should work correct? MHS told me I needed a longer bolt, to be honest I’m not sure maybe I wasn’t explaining it correctly but I couldn’t get a reason as to why out of the kid. DISCLAIMER I LOVE MHS AND GET MY BARRELS AND GOT MY AX FROM THEM. So maybe I wasn’t explaining it right or I wasn’t asking the right questions, but do any of you guys know why it wouldn’t work if I opened up the bolt face? The prc functions in other SA rifles so I’m not sure what I’m missing???

MHS was probably recommending the AXMC rifle, which has a longer action/bolt, and those bolts can be had in a mag face.

Regarding opening up a standard AI bolt....not gonna work. Generally when opening up a regular bolt(Remington for example) you’d then be required to machine for the extractor of choice(sako, mini 16 etc). That won’t be an option on a short AI bolt based upon the current extractor location/design, which can’t be moved. I think there’s also an issue of having enough meat left after opening, as well as finding someone to do the work. AI bolts are quite hard.

Interesting! Good to know thank you sir!
Just straight curious wonder if the bolt heads are the same size and set up between the mc and sa maybe the bolt bodies are just longer