• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 PRC Lead Free Ammo

Jeremiah Johnson

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2019
Texas
Perfect timing in an ammo shortage to need something like this, but drew a national park hunt and am in need of lead free ammo within 6 weeks. I do not reload, although it looks like I should.

My rifle is a 6.5 PRC with 22" barrel with 1/8 twist. I am also running a suppressor. What do yall recommend, and do you have any leads on where I can find some? I need at least 2 boxes.

thanks!!!
862010F9-7806-4AE7-88E3-11600163FE37.jpeg

Unknown Munitions, it’s pricy but they load the 127gr Barnes LRX.

Give them a call and see if they can get you something in time for your hunt.

I tried some of the Unknown 127LRX house loads my MPR. Good accuracy (<1moa for 2x 3-shot groups) and 3100fps out of a brand new 24” barrel that hadn’t sped up yet

Thanks guys. I also came across Choice Ammo. I have an email out to them as well. The price is kinda steep at $87/box. It would be nice to get this ammo and just stick with it for all shooting, if I am paying for a custom load. https://choiceammunition.com/product-category/6-5-prc/

I had used Dallas Reloads in the past for my subsonic 308 ammo. It seemed to work well.