• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tacticalpanda

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2013
Columbus, OH
saw that seekins is offering the havak rifle in this caliber. Read a little on it and saw that hornady has a factory offering. I was thinking of a 6.5 saum but wondering what people think of this caliber. I always like factory ammo if it's available. Nice not to reload.

Last edited:
Lobo,
the PRC is new this year and is similar to the 6.5 saum with mag bolt face short action footprint.

If you are wanting factory ammo, go with the PRC over the saum. Copper Creek sells factory loads for the saum but you're going to pay for them.

Any more info on the 6.5 PRC. When will ammo be available who besides Seekins is chambering a rifle in it etc? I just bought a SAUM to try out but it'll be a while since I'm waiting on an optic to come
on for it and was told it will be a ways out. I too like the idea of factory ammo being available when I don't feel like reloading or don't have time to.

Any more info on the 6.5 PRC. When will ammo be available who besides Seekins is chambering a rifle in it etc? I just bought a SAUM to try out but it'll be a while since I'm waiting on an optic to come
on for it and was told it will be a ways out. I too like the idea of factory ammo being available when I don't feel like reloading or don't have time to.

Factory ammo is available in 2018. Copper creek does,load it now too. Brass offerings are hornady only right now. It's based of the rcm case. Been following on the Facebook group and seems like there is a little following building but don't know any factory rifles beening sold. Curious if ruger will jump into this caliber.

my problem is I have a havak coming but no dies as gap is sold out.

Factory ammo is available in 2018. Copper creek does,load it now too. Brass offerings are hornady only right now. It's based of the rcm case. Been following on the Facebook group and seems like there is a little following building but don't know any factory rifles beening sold. Curious if ruger will jump into this caliber.

my problem is I have a havak coming but no dies as gap is sold out.

I saw the Havak and was very intrigued with it. I hope that this catches on I'll play with the 6.5 SAUM in the meantime but I'm excited to see what happens with the PRC