• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 PRC

Gezhongkeng

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2018
Iowa
Hey guys,
I am new here
I would like to ask about 6.5 PRC.
What kinds of MOA group you guys tried.
Please let me know

Did you read the article?
I just shot 1/4” MOA groups with my daughters 300BLK rifle - doesn’t mean it’s a great caliber.
Any cartridge can produce great results.
Your question, still, does not make sense.

Reactions: Jeffd
Hows the accuracy like MOA groups at 100yd

Do you own other rifles, if so - what calibers?
Do you know their effective distance?
Are you considering a 6.5? If so, for what reason? Hunting, target, PRS, etc?
Your post leaves a lot to be answered.
Please be specific in what information you are trying to obtain.

Do you own other rifles, if so - what calibers?
Do you know their effective distance?
Are you considering a 6.5? If so, for what reason? Hunting, target, PRS, etc?
Your post leaves a lot to be answered.
Please be specific in what information you are trying to obtain.
I have a 308win rifle now. I am looking for a new calibers for shooting group. My 308 can do avg 0.4 moa group for 5shots 5group.
I hope i can find a better accuracy under 300yd but not 6ppc 6br and 30br.

I have a 308win rifle now. I am looking for a new calibers for shooting group. My 308 can do avg 0.4 moa group for 5shots 5group.

Many may argue the 6.5PRC is the new 6.5Creed, many may not. I’d say it’s too new of a cartridge to determine.

Better accuracy under 300yards? Really, the bullet is .310. With a .4moa that isn’t 2 bullets wide at 100. 6.5 PRC is a waste for 300 yards. Get a .223, or .223AI.

^^
I second that. If your going under 300 yards get a smaller caliber. You don’t wanna waste your money. And also 6.5 prc only has hornday brass

He guys here are right. Personally I’m not into shooting groups but if that is what you enjoy then a 6.5 PRC is a huge waste of money. I have been entertaining the thought of building one for some time now but my ranges here are only 600-700 yards so I just can’t justify the expense. Inside 300 a 223 would be perfect. Ammo is cheap to reload. You will probably get 2-3 rounds for the same cost as a single 6.5 PRC. If you don’t reload there is a ton of quality ammo available. Just don’t get caught in the trap of burning out barrels shooting groups and missing your shot at 600 yards because you can’t read the wind.

Hey guys,
I am new here
I would like to ask about 6.5 PRC.
What kinds of MOA group you guys tried.
Please let me know
hooked-on-phonics.jpg

The reason I post about 6.5 PRC is I want someone real shooting 6.5 PRC to talk about. I did not find a lot of information about this calibre. Don't tell me 223 is better and cheaper, Why you guys do not buy .22. They do the same job on paper. LOL

It will shoot as good as the barrel and smith who put it together.

It could shoot great or it could be complete shit like your questions.

You didnt find a lot about it because there isnt much yet, its new.

That said for 300 yards its complete over kill unless youre hunting nilgai.

And lots of people do choose 223 for 300 yards over the larger stuff, just look at f class. And the 22lr prs style shooting is blowing up with the nrl22.

It seems that you need to do some reading up before you start trying to talk down to us because we dont understand what the fuck youre trying to do with your ignorant, incomplete comments. If you are wanting to shoot groups then go 6ppc 6br and 30br like all the other benchresters do. They do it for a reason.

It will shoot as good as the barrel and smith who put it together.

It could shoot great or it could be complete shit like your questions.

You didnt find a lot about it because there isnt much yet, its new.

That said for 300 yards its complete over kill unless youre hunting nilgai.

And lots of people do choose 223 for 300 yards over the larger stuff, just look at f class. And the 22lr prs style shooting is blowing up with the nrl22.

It seems that you need to do some reading up before you start trying to talk down to us because we dont understand what the fuck youre trying to do with your ignorant, incomplete comments. If you are wanting to shoot groups then go 6ppc 6br and 30br like all the other benchresters do. They do it for a reason.
Have you ever used 6.5PRC,if not shut up!

The reason I post about 6.5 PRC is I want someone real shooting 6.5 PRC to talk about. I did not find a lot of information about this calibre. Don't tell me 223 is better and cheaper, Why you guys do not buy .22. They do the same job on paper. LOL

I'm going to suggest that perhaps English may not be you native language?
If that's the case, perhaps introduce yourself as to where you come from and the kind of shooting you do and such.
That might help people offer advice that's easier to understand based on your local shooting type.

Those that have written about the 6.5 PRC, much like the .300 PRC all say that it is capable of excellent accuracy, however that is going to depend mostly on your rifle, barrel, bullet, load etc.

As for your point it's a matter of what you want to do when changing from .308
6.5 Creedmoor has less recoil and better aerodynamics than the average .308
The 6.5 PRC is a similar idea but designed to drive the same bullet faster, so you'll get more recoil, but have more energy and longer range.
The more recoil generally makes you have to work harder to keep your groups tight.

Reactions: Jeffd
If that's the case, perhaps introduce yourself as to where you come from and the kind of shooting you do and such.
That might help people offer advice that's easier to understand based on your local shooting type.

Those that have written about the 6.5 PRC, much like the .300 PRC all say that it is capable of excellent accuracy, however that is going to depend mostly on your rifle, barrel, bullet, load etc.

The 6.5 PRC is a similar idea but designed to drive the same bullet faster, so you'll get more recoil, but have more energy and longer range.
The more recoil generally makes you have to work harder to keep your groups tight.
Cuz, I will only keep one rifle, sometime will go longer range to shoot. I know 6.5 prc is new, but I want to try. Hope the higher speed will get better accuracy.

It’s a caliber made to shoot 800+ Yards accurately with lots of energy on target.

If you want little tiny groups on paper at only 300 a .223 would do it all day long.

Cuz, I will only keep one rifle, sometime will go longer range to shoot. I know 6.5 prc is new, but I want to try. Hope the higher speed will get better accuracy.

Is this rifle for just target shooting and if so at what distance are you shooting?
Do you plan to hunt animals with it & if so which animals and at what distance?

What the higher speed will give you is:
Longer supersonic range
Flatter trajectory to a specific point compared to a slower round
More energy delivered for hunting.

The downside is that you get more recoil & many shooters find that higher recoil makes it harder for them to shoot really tight groups, or in competition stay on target with their scope so they can see where the round hits. In addition to being a bit more costly.

There are probably several builders on the site here that can build you a 6.5 PRC that will be able to hold 1/4th MOA groups if your drive them correctly & also have the bullet and load that they like. To get the best results, you'll probably need to hand load and tune the load for the barrel.

Reactions: Gezhongkeng
Is this rifle for just target shooting and if so at what distance are you shooting?

Longer supersonic range

The downside is that you get more recoil & many shooters find that higher recoil makes it harder for them to shoot really tight groups, or in competition stay on target with their scope so they can see where the round hits. In addition to being a bit more costly.

There are probably several builders on the site here that can build you a 6.5 PRC that will be able to hold 1/4th MOA groups if your drive them correctly & also have the bullet and load that they like. To get the best results, you'll probably need to hand load and tune the load for the barrel.
Thanks

Longer supersonic range

I only shoot target,the range close to me only provide 200yd, but another 800yd range need drive 2 hours. So I looking for a calibre can do all job well. I will do hand load. Need time to tune the load, but it will be fun.

I only shoot target,the range close to me only provide 200yd, but another 800yd range need drive 2 hours. So I looking for a calibre can do all job well. I will do hand load. Need time to tune the load, but it will be fun.

A 6.5 PRC would work very well and be way more than enough, if you don't mind the recoil, which I think will be a bit more than your .308
With some fine tuning of your 6.5 PRC you could run the bullets faster so that you have a flatter trajectory at 800 yards.
You could run a fast twist barrel and try these bullets: https://warner-tool.com/collections/flat-line-projectiles/products/6-5-mm-121gr

However 200 to 800 yards shooting targets would be perfect for a 6.5 Creedmoor, so I'd suggest that you also consider that one, it will probably give you everything you want and be cheaper and easier to find ammo for as well as giving you a lot less recoil.

Reactions: Gezhongkeng

Don't listen to the guy keyboard be a dick, no educate
6.5 can do job well for shoot long long time, work hard, shoot good.
another calibre also shoot good but also not shoot fast, much price

Okay, U-S-A

Have you ever used 6.5PRC,if not shut up!

How about you stop asking questions and do what you want to then. If you do not like people’s replies then stop asking. If you shoot under 300 yards then get a 50cal. Every reply is valid but clearly your mind is made up so just get a 65PRC.

From your responses, I’m beginning to doubt you hold .4moa with your 308.

How about you stop asking questions and do what you want to then. If you do not like people’s replies then stop asking. If you shoot under 300 yards then get a 50cal. Every reply is valid but clearly your mind is made up so just get a 65PRC.

From your responses, I’m beginning to doubt you hold .4moa with your 308.

If you don't reload I would skip the PRC. My buddy just got one and I am getting better velocity in my 260 with handloads than he is with factory ammo.

6.5 prc much good. me has uno. Get 5,000 rounds per barrel i do. best caliber from zero to 250 yards. Past 250, cartridge so-so, picks back up at 900+. Gets excellent MOAs. usually 5-6 MOAs easy.

other good choice is 6.5x300 win mag. shoots paper like a pig in a toasters.

don't get 223. trash. lots of trash. terrible for 300 yards. holes to small. can't see. doesn't make big noise.

6.5 prc much good. me has uno. Get 5,000 rounds per barrel i do. best caliber from zero to 250 yards. Past 250, cartridge so-so, picks back up at 900+. Gets excellent MOAs. usually 5-6 MOAs easy.

don't get 223. trash. lots of trash. terrible for 300 yards. holes to small. can't see. doesn't make big noise.
28DB9B44-D86E-4310-9816-D3413CDD1E0E.jpeg

I doubt your are getting a 147gr bullets to run 3100 fps with a 260, and yes that is what I'm getting out of hornady factory match.

Could you please in English explain what you want to do with this rifle. At start you said 300 yards then 800yards. There's a big difference! What kind of gun are you going to be running? If your shooting 300 and under get 223. But if your dead set on 6.5 orc go for it.

what can I say there are so many potentials in this round. I shoot my 6.5 PRC build to 1000yd with factory ammo about 2930 fps. here is some group photo. I am going to try some 150 smk and 140 beger hybrid this weekend.
IMG_0653.JPG
IMG_0674-2.jpg

well hahaha, he is going to order 6.5prc BA form PVA today. He saw my 1000yd group this weekend.........

I know im late but he doesn't need to answer your interrogation for such a simple question. The man asked what your experiences were with the caliber. That is all. You don't need to know his intentions. You don't need to know what his inventory is...He would most likely be better off if you just stayed out of his conversation because you seem to be just another know it all keyboard commando … Answer the man or just stfu and don't be a douche.

I know im late but he doesn't need to answer your interrogation for such a simple question. The man asked what your experiences were with the caliber. That is all. You don't need to know his intentions. You don't need to know what his inventory is...He would most likely be better off if you just stayed out of his conversation because you seem to be just another know it all keyboard commando … Answer the man or just stfu and don't be a douche.

1D2A6C9F-3A69-47B2-99F0-1A7A1EE786C2.gif

Reactions: spife7980
Go fuck yourself and merry Christmas.

Somebody stayed up drinking to late Xmas Eve. Revives a dead thread to start a internet fight @ 2:30am on Christmas. LOL

Oh and Merry Christmas!