• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

6.5 PRC

kroeger9

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2018
Is anyone familiar with this cartridge? I have a friend who is trying to choose between the 6.5-47 and 6.5-284. To me it looks like the PRC might be a better choice than both. He will be using this for a combination of paper and hunting.

Yeah he just wants something in a 6.5. He got a .26 Nosler from Gunwerks that has not done well at all. So, he's looking for a replacement.

Following im intrested in getting the 6.5prc

American Rifleman latest issue from NRA has an article on this caliber

some reasonably priced factory ammo for the prc, the 6.5-284 hunting and match loads are somewhat if not much more expensive, that i've seen, though it sounds like he or his bud may be reloading.

consider 6.5 creed unless he really needs to reach out and touch something, lots more options.

Hunting what and punching paper how far?

6.5 PRC would be a higher energy cartridge that would be great for mid sized game and long distance shooting.
Light game and close distance shooting the 6.5 Creedmoor or 6.5x47 would be excellent.
6.5x284 is interesting if they like reloading and want brass that's a bit more readily available. The energy would be above the 6.5 Creedmoor / 6.5x47 on the low end and 6.5 PRC on the high end.