• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Sierra 130 HPBT (1729)

clubsportmark

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2017
Hello,

can anyone direct me to a thread if one has started already for people who load the new Sierra 130 SMK in their 6.5 creedmoor?

Has anyone stumbled across any universal loads for it?

I‘ll be using LRP, with RS62 (H4350 being closest like for like)

Anyome tell me the COAL that prime load their 130 SMK creedmoor ammo to?

Please feel free to share your recipes.

Thanks I’m advance,

Mark

My load is 42.8-42.9 of of H4350 and it replicates Prime ammo very well. OAL is 2.77-2.78. Thats with the Norma 130's and the SMK is almost the same dimensions.

two caveats. Not using H4350, nor familiar with Prime ammo, but have been using the SMK’s with Superformance, BR4’s SRP in Starline Cases. Loading to max AICS magazine length.

While load testing, shot my smallest group ever, good ES and SD and great accuracy. Velocity confirmed in mid 2800’s with book listed very light load. Confirmed hits on a regular basis to 840 yards. No issues, good bullet, wish they would make some more.

I've shot a few hundred of the 130 SMK's and settled on 42.8 of H4350, Lapua brass, and CCI 450's.
I don't usually measure OAL but the BTO was 2.138, about 40 thou off. Runs about 2830fps. Very accurate,
with single digit sd's. Shot them out to 1100 yards, no problem. Still have a few hundred left, will definitely
buy more when they become available. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: clubsportmark