• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 stw

jhedg

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2005
Gator Nation
Anyone have one? I am looking for some load data, I know it is a barrel burner

Re: 6.5 stw

I am also considering a gun in this caliber. Anybody got any data?

Best I've heard is RL 25 starting well below 7 STW max loads.

There is some light bullet loading data on accurate reloading dot com. Layne Simpson did an article in Shooting Times in September 1999. There is data on the net, try google seach.

I had a chubbie for this cartridge for a while about 10 years ago but never got around to building one. With the very short barrel life, I don't see myself building one. Now, it's leaning towards the 6.5-284.

I have a couple buddies running this cartridge. I will ask them for some load data. I know they use 140 amax at around 3250, but not sure of the load.

Why would you go with the 6.5 STW when you could go with the 257 STW? They're both barrel burners, so why not get a little more bang for the buck? I cant imagine barrel life being more than a couple hundred rounds difference in the 2.
THat's just my 2 cents.
I am a huge fan of the 7STW as that is my go to rifle for anything but big grizzlies in N Amer.
From the Accubonds and Bergers, that round flat out rocks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shiredude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would you go with the 6.5 STW when you could go with the 257 STW? They're both barrel burners, so why not get a little more bang for the buck? I cant imagine barrel life being more than a couple hundred rounds difference in the 2.
THat's just my 2 cents.
I am a huge fan of the 7STW as that is my go to rifle for anything but big grizzlies in N Amer.
From the Accubonds and Bergers, that round flat out rocks!
</div></div>

There is a much bigger selection in 6.5 projos than there are for the 257.

Josh

I'd look at the .264 Win Mag. I've got a bud who gets 3250-3300 with 140 VLD's. I've shot his rifle....very impressive!