• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 TC Compass

Gunnie88

One shot at a time!
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2021
East TN
Wanted to get my 12 year old son into long range steel plate challenges so I picked up a TC Compass in 6.5 creed. I’ve read countless reviews and everyone boasted about its performance right out of the box. We hated the plastic stock so decided to make one copying the McMillan A-5 but for his short frame. We built the stock out of a chunk of Poplar I had in my shop. After forming, inletting, stippling the grip, the action was bedded. Soon we primed and painted both the stock and the new glass (Primary Arms 4-16x) assembled everything and headed to the range.
What a shooter this rifle is. I believe the rifle was $249 at a LGS, scope and rings...$229 and shooting Hornady Black made for key holing at 100 & 200 yards.
After 6 months, my son has progressed out to a mile with this rifle. Truly a tac driver on a steep budget.

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
AC51D23F-5129-4E56-A47B-29FA0B3536CA.jpeg

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
Looks good. My friend bought his son a 308 and it shoots great. I don't know they make these little cheap rifles shoot so good but they do. The only thing I hate about them is the bolt throw.

Reactions: Gunnie88
Have you ever thought about a career change? Woodworkers all over the world are dripping in jealousy

Nice work

Reactions: Gunnie88
Looks good. My friend bought his son a 308 and it shoots great. I don't know they make these little cheap rifles shoot so good but they do. The only thing I hate about them is the bolt throw.
Bolt throw is large and I made this stock as a single shot. We’ll take it apart and I’ll incorporate a 5 round mag now that he has his fundamentals down.