• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 6.5 X 284 in long action DBM

radmcg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2008
Mobile, AL
Has anybody run a 6.5x284 in a long action remington set up with a DBM? Either HS precision or Badger? Let me know what works and what doesn't.
AHA
Rad

Re: 6.5 X 284 in long action DBM

I have a remington in a long action. I am running HS precision bottom metal. This guns feed flawless. Should work perfect. I have also run the in the Stiller predator actions and they feed great in a BDL setup too.

I run my latest 6.5-284 in a Stiller TAC300 (long action) bolted into an AICS 1.5 LA. The Stiller action is pretty much a Remington clone where it counts. IIRC, Badger uses the same AICS magazines in their LA DBM. The magazine is originally intended for the .300WM cartridge, and the fat .284 case feeds just fine, so you won't encounter any trouble using a Badger LA DBM feeding the 6.5-284 to a LA Remington.

Rad don't laugh but I have been using a Kwik Klip that i bought off of ebay for $50. Cabelas is the only place that I know that has them now($80 I think). They are definitely not Badger tuff but they work well once set up right. They work well with the 6.5-284 and the WSM's but the mags are short for most true long action calibers if seating to the lands. The mags are center feed and they have feed excellent in a LA Rem and a Stiller LA Predator. I have wore out one 6.5-284 and working on my second one now with the same clip. It has had about 1800 rounds put through it with no problems yet.

David

Thanks for all the information. So I can use an AICS and AI mags. Thats perfect. DMG you are the second person to tell me abou the Kwik clips I may have to check that out. Thanks
Rad

Rad,

Let's talk in about a month and I'll show you.
wink.gif