• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 X 47 Lapua pet loads

Chad Schmidt

Private
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2011
Wisconsin
I have one load that shoots very well but durring a course of fire at about round 30 or so the bolt lift is to heavy fo rpractical work. Tried some others nothing seems to shoot as well so I thought I'd ask to see if there is some guidance to reduce the possibilities. Primary bullet is the Norma 130gn match bullet. Thanks for the help.
Chad

Re: 6.5 X 47 Lapua pet loads

It always helps to give your components, charge weight, etc along with rifle info to get a better read on what may be the problem.

Josh

Lapua brass, Norma 130 HPBT, 205M primer, Rel-15 38gn are the loading data details. The rifle is a blue printed Remington 700, Barrel is a Rock Creek 1-8.5" twist 25.5" long, Mc Millen stock. I'll be more attentive to the details in the future. Thanks fo rthe help so far.
Chad Schmidt

The two I have worked with (one 1-8 tw. and one 1-9 tw.) prefered Varget in the 37.0 to 37.5 range. This is with Berger 130 VLD's jammed using Wolf primers. RL-15 gave good accuracy but not as consistent as Varget. It is an easy round to load for.

Hope this helps.

My rifle likes 38.0 grains of Varget with a 123 Scenar. Really, it likes everything, but 37.0 and 38.0 both work particularly well.