• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5CM 18"Barrel load

greggrissom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2012
Hello guys. I picked up a Bergara b14 Ridge Special Purpose rifle and I was looking for a recommended powder choice for such a short barrel. I have loads that work very well in my 22" custom but not sure if those powders would work the same with 6" less of runway. Thanks in advance

I use Rl16 in my 18" 6.5 Creed. I get just over 2700 with the 143 ELDX suppressed. Will be trying the 130 Norma soon. This barrel used to be 23.5". Using the same load from when it was longer.

Thanks guys. Just wanted to confirm my powder selections. Might even throw 2520 in the mix. I'm hoping that either the 130gr Scirrocco II's or the 130gr Sierra Gamechangers will work. I also have some 135gr Berger Classic Hunters to try also. If anyone has had any luck with either of these, I'm all ears...or maybe eyes👀

Thanks guys. Just wanted to confirm my powder selections. Might even throw 2520 in the mix. I'm hoping that either the 130gr Scirrocco II's or the 130gr Sierra Gamechangers will work. I also have some 135gr Berger Classic Hunters to try also. If anyone has had any luck with either of these, I'm all ears...or maybe eyes👀

I have always had a decent exit on deer out to 350 yards with the 130 Norma Golden Target that Prime used to use. For a match bullet, it is money on deer. Finding them is the hard part. Grafs has them once or twice a year in the 500 count box.

Have a 117"on my creed and am shooting hornady 130 grain over H4350 load. Not at home at the moment, but the load is somewhere around 41 grains or so.....will confirm once I get home.

Able to get nice one hole groups at 100 yards, and solid hits at 500 yards. Havent had time to go out further as the corn got to high at my shooting location. Lol