• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5cm - Larue pOBR or JP LRP-07?

sct4a

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
DFW
Debating between a larue pOBR or JP lrp-07 22" in 6.5cm. Has anyone got hands on time with both and have opinion which is better. Price is not a factor and will run suppressed. The takedown ability of the pobr to fit it in a backpack is a draw as is the ease of swapping out barrel cartridges to replace and swap calibers although they still don't sell 260 barrel cartridges which is annoying.

here-we-go-again.jpg

Reactions: fast_hand84
My 260 tobr is closer to a half moa gun than a 1 moa gun, but I'm not a half moa shooter most of the time. It's been reliable living 100% suppressed with a tranquilo. I don't need the takedown rail so I'd prefer a non qd upper. Just a feature I don't use much. All I've shot is factory prime and get 2820.

Reactions: sct4a
Debating between a larue pOBR or JP lrp-07 22" in 6.5cm. Has anyone got hands on time with both and have opinion which is better. Price is not a factor and will run suppressed. The takedown ability of the pobr to fit it in a backpack is a draw as is the ease of swapping out barrel cartridges to replace and swap calibers although they still don't sell 260 barrel cartridges which is annoying.

They are very different rifles, IMO, and that becomes even more evident when you spend some hands-on time with them. Disclaimer: I’ve spend more time behind the LRP, and only had one day with the POBR. Also, neither one was a 6.5 or 22”...both were 18” .308.

The JP is incredible, and you get the feeling that every little detail has been obsessed over (which it was). The fit & finish is hard to believe - it draws a crowd at every range trip because of the reputation JP has for excellence. Accuracy is typical of what you get from them also. That range had targets out to 600 yards, and at that distance it was as accurate as any gun I’ve ever seen. It was passed around the first range day like a cheap hooker, and nobody was disappointed. 6 of us ran it, everybody shot 1/2 MOA or better. The best group of the day was under an inch at 400 yards, and that shooter had never run a scoped AR before. Easily the most forgiving gas gun any of us had ever seen.

Not really easy to compare it to the POBR, though. The Larue ran great, and felt solid..definitely feels more like a work gun. Very well made, and comfortably shot MOA out to 600 with factory ammo from Black Hills and Prime. The takedown thing is unique, but I don’t care for it. The QD lever setup gets snagged on everything (the locking lugs do keep it from coming apart, though) and I’m not crazy about the idea of the receiver and barrel going in a backpack with the chamber unprotected. I would much rather just pull the takedown pins and separate the upper and lower for transport. The barrel swap is nice, but LMT does that better (IMO), and does it with a monolithic upper. Not to take anything away from the Larue, but that particular model doesn’t do it for me. It’s worth mentioning that, while it did shoot MOA without any issues, it was the least accurate Larue rifle I have shot.

I will add that their SR25 pattern mags are a thing of beauty, and well worth what they charge for them...they make those $100 KAC mags look like spray-painted scrap metal.

I have a tOBR .308, and if I were to do it over again, I'd go JP.