• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5CM Load Data - Help

k3k0a808

Private
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2020
Did a load test today, this is the first time ive gotten these results where all the velocities are pretty linear.. .5 charge increase and ~30fps increase between all.. usually i would find the flat spot in the velocity and test further but dont really know where to go from here. Didnt pull any shots and this was shot at 100yds. Any help would be appreciated.

6.5 Creedmoor - 18" Barrel
H4350 - Fed210 Primers - 140ELD-M Bullets

Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 2.30.17 PM.png

IMG_5249.jpeg

You expected to increase powder by .5 gn (1.5%) and NOT see an increase in velocity? Interesting.

SD 1.5 and ES of 3 at 41.5 gr. And printed a good 3 shot group.

What else are you looking for?

Load up a bunch of those and get more data across a larger round count. If it shoots and you’re getting good sd and es there’s no need to look for a flat spot in velocity.

If that doesn’t work I’d try smaller increments. I usually do .2 gr, not .5

Reactions: k3k0a808
You expected to increase powder by .5 gn (1.5%) and NOT see an increase in velocity? Interesting.
its not that i didnt expect an increase in velocity, usually i see a flat spot in the whole range of charges so i can test with a smaller increment, like .2

SD 1.5 and ES of 3 at 41.5 gr. And printed a good 3 shot group.

What else are you looking for?

Load up a bunch of those and get more data across a larger round count. If it shoots and you’re getting good sd and es there’s no need to look for a flat spot in velocity.

If that doesn’t work I’d try smaller increments. I usually do .2 gr, not .5
Thanks! I was thinking about that and trying to push it further, but double checking some published load data, Hodgdon says that 40gr is max/compressed load, and 41.5 is Hornady's Max. Didnt see any pressure signs at 41.5 though.