• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5cm Powder?

chi804

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2020
Virginia
I’m not sure if it’s just me but trying to find any powder for 6.5cm is impossible. I’m trying to develop loads and powder is the last thing on the list. Ive been looking for the following with no luck except in Canada and New Zealand(I’m in the states).

H4350
IMR enduron 4451
R16
R17
RL26
Varget
H4831SC

Anyone out there know of alternative powders out there that will work for 6.5cm that’s actually available?
Im using Hornady brass, BR2 primers, Hornady 6.5 match bthp 140grn.

Thanks!

Best bet is local gun stores. Hybrid 100v and staball are ones you’re missing too. I see 100v a decent amount around me

Reactions: chi804
If you're using lighter bullets, Varget is an option, and if Varget is an option, so are powders like IMR4166, RL15, and Shooters World Precision.

I’ve been seeing IMR 4955 popping up here and there. I picked up a pound to try out. There’s load data on the Hodson website. Ibelieve it’s performance is similar to h4831.
Hope to test it out soon

did not mention imr 4166 or Imr 4350 , n555 , n550 or n560

Yesterday I worked up a load with 129 interlocks and h414 in a friend's deer rifle. Was really happy h414 accuracy.

Popular 6.5 powders come up fairly often now but you have to to be super fast before they sell out.

Yep, just have to look often and early and jump on it when available.

Just got 5 ea 1 lb bottles of H4350 from Natchez last week. Five was their limit and I thought that was fair.

I sat there dumbfounded for a few seconds before I ordered and paid as fast as I could.

Midsouth shooters supply has Winchester 6.5 Staball listed as in stock as of a few minutes ago. Probably wont last long.