• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5cm using lapua 123gr scenar and adi bench mark 8208 aka imr 8208 xbr

Gee Kay

Skippy the Bush Kangaroo
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2019
    Land Downunder
    looking at pulling my finger out and start load testing for my 6.5cm.

ingredients i have are...

lapua srp 6.5 brass
    lapua 123gr scenar
    cci br-4 primers
    adi bench mark 8202 which is equivalent to if not the same as imr 8208 xbr

i did a search and could not find anyone that has used this projectile and powder combination.
    the closest i have to start from in a reloading manual is the sierra 123gr as there is no listing for the lapua projectile other than using vihtavuori.

by any chance has anyone used the combination and what recipes have you used?

cheers

Reactions: bobke
    In Lyman's Long Range Precision Rifle Reloading Handbook they list 8208 XBR with the 123 scenar.
    starting at 31.5 gn. max. at 35.0 @ 61.8 k PSI. They list Norma 203B loads as their most accurate .

Reactions: Gee Kay
    You are very welcome, from there "most accurate" loads listing, especially in the 6 CM I'm betting they, along with a few others are using some sort of computer program instead of "pressure test bbl's" or actual rifles or rifle Bbl's in universal receivers

Reactions: Gee Kay
    if Quickload wasn't stupidly overpriced here in OZ ($375) compared to the US ($152.95 converts to $218 AUD approx. and some postage if on CD/DVD) i'd probably by it and do computer modelling myself to give me an idea where to start and roughly end up. Every SoB here wants to get rich quick without hard work.