• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6,5mm A-Max is it the best?

freezingduck

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2010
Norway
After looking which 140gr bullet had the highest BC i found the 140gr A-max, which had a BC of .585, which is higher than any other I could find.
Shooting 6,5x55, allmost nobody uses them in norway.
They are by far the cheapest ones I can buy here, so its a win win for me.
I have 2000 in stock at this time, have I missed something?

Re: 6,5mm A-Max is it the best?

I think Berger's have higher BC's , but with 2000 of them, who cares, you're either going to shoot them or sell them.
I would shoot them, good bullet.

How do the 130gr Norma Goldens shoot for you? I imagine they're a bit easier to come by...?

Nothing at all wrong with the 140amax, though their 140hpbt is no slouch either...and cheaper.

I just started shooting the 140 Amax's and I love them. They are a very well manufactured bullet. My buddy pulled several for me the other day and none of them varied more the .4 of a grain.

Cost vs. BC can't be beat I don't think. The 140 bthp's are nice too and usually a little cheaper but BC is a hair lower, around .570-.580 compared to the Amax .585

The VLD's and JLK's BC are a decent bit higher but cost is significantly increased compared to BC increase.

If you have 2000 I would hold on to them and load the shit out of them
smile.gif

I just went to the 142 smk's aft playing with the Nosler 140 custom comps for 500 rounds. The 142gr is very impressive ballistically. .595 supposedly. I'm interested in trying those Amax's as well. My friend who shoots lights out swears by them