• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5mm - BC vs Bullet Weight

ZFletcher

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 24, 2021
    Illinois
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was just curious and decided to compare BC's of various 6.5mm bullets. What I was really looking for was some kind of chart or visualization of "BC vs weight" to see which bullets have the highest BC for any given weight class as well as how much BC was gained/lost relative to going heavier/lighter with different bullets. I entered the data into an Excel sheet and created a chart, and figured I'd share it here in case anyone finds it useful.

Disclaimer(s): All G7 BC's are taken from Litz's Applied Ballistics Analytics program, NOT from manufacturer published BC's. Most of the bullets are target/match bullets but there are a few hunting bullets included as well. I double-checked the data but of course could have made mistakes/errors, if you notice any please feel free to point it out. I am not trying to suggest any given bullet is better/worse than any other, I merely was trying to put all the various BC's/bullet weights in visual form and see what it looked like. The trendline is a standard linear trendline from the Excel program.

The first chart is labeled with each bullet (and is quite cluttered), the second chart is the same data but has no labeling (and is easier to visualize IMO).

Capture2.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Last edited:
    Reactions: aprocast
    Nice work! It really does help to visualize it better like that. Thank you for putting in the time and research